How to clean the electric broom
Why are smears left on the window after being cleaned with window vac?
- Very dirty window, dirt has not been properly dissolved.
- Rubber wiper worn.
- Properly soak and soften the dirt in several stages so that it can be wiped away.
- Fit new rubber wiper.
Why does the main filter clog up quickly when picking up fine dust (e.g when working with electric power tools)?
- Filter bag has been forgotten. (Suitability for picking up fine dust is limited when filter bag is not fitted)
- Always fit a filter bag.
Dust is expelled from the vacuum. Why?
- Suction hose is faulty or not properly engaged.
- Filter missing or faulty.
- Filter bag has not been fitted.
- Check suction hose and filter, engage properly or replace if necessary.
- Fit a filter bag.
Vacuum cannot be set to stage 2 (automatic on/off facility for electric power tools)
- Stage 2 is designed for operation with electric power tools only.
- The vacuum starts when the electric power tool is switched on. Vacuum continues running for about 15-20 seconds after the electric power tool is switched off and then shuts down.
The vacuum keeps switching itself off.
- Waste container is full.
- Level sensors and the housing are wet. This can create a damp bridge.
- Empty the waste container.
- Allow the unit to dry.
- Clean the level sensors.
Tank cap cannot be opened?
- The boiler is still under pressure.
- The pressure must be released:
- First switch off the heater, then switch on steam feed (on max), operate the switch on the handle until the cap can be opened.
- If the tank cap still cannot be opened, please contact your Kärcher dealer for assistance
Too much water instead of steam?
- Water tank overfilled.
- Unit has not yet reached full temperature.
- Controller is not set to steam mode.
- Water tank must not be more than 3/4 full.
- Wait until unit has reached operating temperature.
- Set the controller to steam mode.
Steam cleaners require too long to heat up?
- Scale build-up in unit.
- Descale unit with RM 511.
Steam cleaner lets off steam?
- Steam flows through relief valve, all downstream systems fail.
- This problem can only be remedied by customer service.