Here you will find answers to frequently asked questions about our products, repair and warranty. If you can not find what you are looking for on the following page, please feel free to contact us.
How to clean the electric broom
Why are smears left on the window after being cleaned with window vac?
- Very dirty window, dirt has not been properly dissolved.
- Rubber wiper worn.
- Properly soak and soften the dirt in several stages so that it can be wiped away.
- Fit new rubber wiper.
Why does the main filter clog up quickly when picking up fine dust (e.g when working with electric power tools)?
- Filter bag has been forgotten. (Suitability for picking up fine dust is limited when filter bag is not fitted)
- Always fit a filter bag.
Dust is expelled from the vacuum. Why?
- Suction hose is faulty or not properly engaged.
- Filter missing or faulty.
- Filter bag has not been fitted.
- Check suction hose and filter, engage properly or replace if necessary.
- Fit a filter bag.
Vacuum cannot be set to stage 2 (automatic on/off facility for electric power tools)
- Stage 2 is designed for operation with electric power tools only.
- The vacuum starts when the electric power tool is switched on. Vacuum continues running for about 15-20 seconds after the electric power tool is switched off and then shuts down.
The vacuum keeps switching itself off.
- Waste container is full.
- Level sensors and the housing are wet. This can create a damp bridge.
- Empty the waste container.
- Allow the unit to dry.
- Clean the level sensors.
Tank cap cannot be opened?
- The boiler is still under pressure.
- The pressure must be released:
- First switch off the heater, then switch on steam feed (on max), operate the switch on the handle until the cap can be opened.
- If the tank cap still cannot be opened, please contact your Kärcher dealer for assistance
Too much water instead of steam?
- Water tank overfilled.
- Unit has not yet reached full temperature.
- Controller is not set to steam mode.
- Water tank must not be more than 3/4 full.
- Wait until unit has reached operating temperature.
- Set the controller to steam mode.
Steam cleaners require too long to heat up?
- Scale build-up in unit.
- Descale unit with RM 511.
Steam cleaner lets off steam?
- Steam flows through relief valve, all downstream systems fail.
- This problem can only be remedied by customer service.